I am very excited to be participating in my first Book Blogger Love-A-Thon. Thank you so much to Alexa for hosting this fun event. I know I’m a little late to the game with posting this questionnaire but hopefully that’s ok. Read on to learn a little more about me.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Ohio
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place? Stumbled upon book blogs after graduating college and decided to start my own so I would have something to do. I was pretty sad about being unemployed.
4. How did you come up with your blog name? My blog has gone through several name changes. I started out as Literary Explorations and then got tired of that and started BiblioWino. Recently I just wanted something simple that truly reflected me so the current blog is also my twitter name.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I mostly read Young Adult but I’m also a big historical fiction and romance fan.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I have started getting back into some of the memes so I’ll do Top Ten Tuesday and book haul posts. I’d like to add some more variety though in the future. I used to do a lot more with Literary Explorations but the new blog has taken me some time to get back into honestly with work and personal life.
7. Best blogging experience so far? Going to author signings has been some of my best experiences. The city where I live currently doesn’t have many so I really miss that. The most memorable has been the Fierce Reads tour. Meeting Leila Sales was amazing since she’s one of my favorite authors.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? How I can always find someone to talk to about a book I just read or that I’m excited is being published. Bloggers are seriously the nicest and most open people. I have made so many friends that I hope to meet up with some day.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for in 2015! Madly by Ruthie Knox, Sound by Alexandra Duncan, Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales, No Where But Here by Katie McGarry, and The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord.
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen was one of the first series that got me reading YA in college so I would highly recommend to people who like historical fiction. Plus the covers are gorgeous. Do yourself a favor and just buy the boxed set.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? I would want Chelsea from Past Perfect to be my best friend because we could talk about our love of history and the jobs we’ve had at museums. 🙂
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I enjoy exploring my city, going to the mall, yoga and spinning (if my new gym ever opens), and spending time with my cats. My boyfriend and I go running and take walks in our neighborhood or stay in and watch TV/movies. We also go to Blue Jackets games. 🙂
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I like shopping for office supplies, cute notebooks/notepads, and stickers. I also enjoy occasionally buying clothes and shoes. I love when I can find unique stores with fun household and gift items. I end up at Target once a week. 🙂
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song–and it’s your song. What song would be playing? I never go to parties and lately I’ve been on a Broadway kick. However, Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding is my jam right now. I find all of her music easy to relate to.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book? I just finished Bone Gap and could visualize it as a mystery/thriller movie in my head. There were a lot of interesting characters in it.